Monday, June 18, 2012

Healthier Strawberry Banana Bread

In an effort to save some over-ripened strawberries and bananas, I decided to whip up a loaf of strawberry banana bread. I took my recipe for Healthier Banana Bread and added in about 1&1/2 cups of strawberries. This recipe is a first for me and one I will definitely add to the breakfast rotation! You can also use blueberries in place of the strawberries.

Ingredients:
2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt

2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce (you can use 1/2c butter if you prefer)
3/4 cup sugar (you can use 1c sugar if you want it even sweeter)

2-3 medium ripe bananas
1&1/2 cups of strawberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Then mix or beat together eggs, applesauce and sugar. Add mashed bananas to the wet ingredients and mix well (I just throw the whole bananas into my kitchen aid mixer with the rest of the wet ingredients and beat, leaving it still a little lumpy). Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Fold in strawberries.

Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about 65 minutes.

Pin It

3 comments:

Rita said...

Strawberry banana bread?? I must make this sometime!
Check out my baking blog: http://bakingcraze.blogspot.ie/

estetik said...

Its really yummy...i liked this post very much...keep sharing new recipies....
Estetik

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I'll be trying this out today! Will come back for the feedback. :) Thanks for the recipe ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails